Wednesday 3 December 2008

Blog neglect?

I was so busy last night, there was simply no time for blogging!

Technically I should be doing things right now but I thought i'd catch up on here first. Get the creative juices flowing and all that.

I'll start with my traumatic pigeon experience.

So there I am, on a soup hunt with £1.87 to my name and only one mitten on. Pottering down one of the little side streets to one of my favourite delis I look up to see a pigeon flying through the street, weaving in and out of the christmas lights. He sees his friends so he decided to flap on over and say hello. Anyway, you know how they put those barbs ontop of shops and on ledges and things to stop pigeons landing on them? To my HORROR my poor pigeon flapped his little way into these barbs and to the best of my knowledge impaled his little feathery body on the barbs! If this didnt have me in enough of a moral dilemma, his pigeon friend then stood on him, while he was jammed into the metal spikes and did a little pigeon jig ontop of him, further shoving him into them. Needless to say. I was very upset.

So, distraught at the plight of my feathered friend, i checked today's soup flavour (mushroom, ew) and scurried down to the boy's school to find Beej. I actually saw winter veg soup in bridewells as i passed so i popped in and bought some to calm myself. Beej took a sip not knowing what it was and said it was like "salty gravy coffee" which is a synonym for soup that i had not previously heard.

I went into ultrasonic a bit describing my ordeal and that of the pigeon to Beej, he laughed at me but we went back to the point of disaster regardless. Thankfully. My pigeon had got free. And was nowhere to be seen. I can only hope he's ok. And back with his pigeon family for christmas. I have since written a letter to Norwich city council expressing the dangers of barbing in narrow streets and the possibility for distress of the public should such an incident occur again.

Then we went shopping. Of course. We found Rach the most perfect little present evereverever which mememe spotted :) And we went and saw the ice rink and i walked up and down the forum steps alot which i like doing when there's nobody on them. Then, on my way to gospel there were some amazing carollers outside phillip brownes at the bottom of st. Giles. One of them being Miss. Furkettle! (Any notredamers remember that nice cover teacher who had blonde hair and was a little chubby?) Then I went off to gospel and Beej continued his shopping spree.

Gospel was as fun as ever, possibly more so if not a little nerve wracking. I have a solo bit and a duet bit with the lovely Rachel for the Friday's gig on....Friday. I. Am. Terrified.

So, immunology test tomorrow, piano practice to do (im getting better) and i have to learn my part!!

I hope this was an adequate update. More tomorrow!

No comments: