Friday 21 November 2008

Snow, Sweet potato and Restore Cafe

Far from having an easy going day today I actually found myself being quite busy. Now back in the little fortress of washing and ipodness and pyjamas that is my room I'm trying to think when i actually stopped doing things today. Bar my half an hour in the library earlier.

Meeting with Mr. Pinnington - more info to follow, all trés exciting.
Lesson lesson.
CU - fun fun :)
Lesson.
Freeeeeee which meant saxophone (harder than it looks with new braces in)
Rach, Beej, Forum.
Jonnie!
Nandos :) :) yay for sweet potato mash, actually the most wonderful thing since scrambled eggs.
Restore cafe.
This was the interesting bit.

It is not often that my friday nights are quite as engaging as tonight. However, it struck me as slightly odd the lack of faith in faith. Especially from me, I always considered myself theologically profound but felt a little beaten back by the passion of some of the people I met tonight. Not that I didnt enjoy it, It was refreshing and interesting to hear other people's views on things which i thought i was pretty sure about. But, and im trying to avoid sounding obnoxious here, sometimes it's the battles you choose to avoid, instead of the ones you fight that you really win.

Regardless. It was a fun night. Im glad I went. And if you ever get the chance to mirror somebody walking down the forum stairs, do it. It will make you smile.

I'll tell you how gospel goes tomorrow, for now, im shattered.

No comments: