Sunday 25 January 2009

Accidental pyjama day

I had every intention of doing alot of very productive things today. Homework, housework, rewrite my CV so I can get some actual work, read the instructions for the stupid phone, work out how to return that damn poncho, tidy up the mountain of clean clothes that have found thier way onto my computer chair so i have to perch on the end of my bed to type and finally, tap out some vital maths know-how for Kate.

I got up at 13.56

This rendered at least half of my list impossible simply due to the time available in the day.

Anyway, I'm still in my pyjamas. I had rubbish scrambled eggs for breakfast/lunch and my room, although now half devoid of clean clothes, is a tip. I have managed to do some maths, flick through the american constitution in some detail and decide that the PE homework can just wait. I have been glaring at the phone all day. The poncho is all ready to go. I hope.

So Carphone Warehouse texted me today saying "hey thanks for choosing carphone warehouse *blah blah* how likely are you to recommend us to a friend on a scale of 1-10?" So I think to myself, this is my chance to relieve some of the pent up stress that has arisen due to mobile phones in the past 3 days and settle my own personal grudge with the new one. I weighed up my options, 1 is a silly number, if they're graphing this, 1 would be an anomolous result, 1 would have been not even buying it in the first place. Anything from 4-7 is "yeh, it's fine, i havent really thought too much about this." and seeing as I had to go right out of town to get the one I (thought) I wanted because they didnt have any in Chapelfield there was no way it was getting anything over 8. So, I texted back. "The reason I am not texting back a negative number is because a. It's not on the scale and b. I have a phone. The only redeeming feature was the sales assistants that sold me the stupid thing as they were cheery and reasonably attractive. Your part in the obtaining of the phone was little less than perfect. I just have no idea how the bloody thing works."

I felt this was an adequate response.

Anyway, now that i've checked all the updates on the cupcakes blogs I follow, and the one intelligent political blog, I shall be off. I may or may not get dressed - It's too late in the day to bother really. I'm such a slob.

No comments: