Monday 2 March 2009

Bright lights - big city.

I believe i'm pipping Cllr. Little to the post here when I voice my utter disgust at the public transport system. Delays! So many delays! To the point at which we were unwilling forced to make some rather unnerving conversation on the overcrowded train (I blame Tom and Carrol for this). On another transport note, the tube is TERRIFYING. How do people do that every day? All the rushing and pushing and undergroundness and not knowing where the hell you're going. Note to Guy - hold the bar.

On a lighter, more topical note, the conference was fab. I was worried it would be one of those days where you're droned at by some boring old politicians while you zone out and end up staring at the back of somone's head for 4 hours at a time. On the contrary it was both interesting and engaging. Although I myself didn't have the guts to get up infront of everyone and heckle the speaker, it was encouraged and some willing candidates took it upon themselves to give these politicians a good grilling. I cant say i was enthralled by the first liberal democrat speaker, more enraged, but tony ben gave a comendable address that had us giggling and "the first gay tory" gave a good speech.

My whole lower half totally went to sleep on those wooden pews though. Oh my goodness - so uncomfy. When it got to the point of as Paddy put it "breaking the pain barrier" it wasnt so bad, but I think i'm a bit too boney to be stuck there for quite so long. London is not a comfortable location.

But yes - i'm home now. After minor stress out at Liverpool street regarding late trains and no seats which resulted in pegging it through first class and being stuck with 3 rather crude boys for the whole journey home. I'm back. I think it's definatly time for a cup of tea and jammies. Looking forward to filling out one of the 23 complaint forms in politics tomorrow.

Tchuss.

No comments: