Friday 24 April 2009

Free bird.

People have always puzzled me. Not in an intimidating way - i'm not a shy person. But in that, a million and one different things could be going through each person's mind as you pass them on the street. You can't tell in passing if the woman in the red coat is rushing to put an extra 50p in the parking meter or because she's late for a date at a posh restaurant. You sometimes someones eye but we never say anything, we rarely smile.
I sat behind a guy from Norwich school today on the bus. I've been dying to get to know him after I saw he was reading one of my favourite books but i've never plucked up the courage to just sit next to him and say hello.
What if he thinks i'm weird? What if he turns out to be a jerk and i'm stuck on the bus with him every day of the week? What if, a seat or two behind me there's another girl looking at him, dying to get to know him - his dream girl and if only she were a little braver, she would go and sit next to him, say hello. But i'd be in her seat? That'd just be cruel, no?

Possibly I overthink things.

I hate that i'm going to be very very busy these coming weeks. Not just revision either. Allsorts. I just want to have a whole day free to curl up on the couch with my lovely George and watch the gadget show and drink pink fanta. Maybe make cake in mugs with squirty cream or have squished cheese sandwiches in the sun. Late nights, long lies ins.

Just got to stick it out till July - then i'll be free. Free free free.

No comments: