Tuesday 9 June 2009

2.12am

The observant of you will notice that the posting time of this is wrong - my laptop was dead when I wrote this. It had to wait to reach the world wide web.

And so here I am, cross legged on my bed wearing highly attractive cowprint pyjamas, (those of you who went on DofE with me have seen these tiptoing around thistles at 6am, they're well travelled) consuming my second very yummy bread roll of the night. I've just finished watching "Never been kissed" which although sweet, I wouldn't recommend it as a compelling view.

It did however serve the purpose of provoking some nostalgic moments about ND prom'08 and the years preceeding it. Ah highschool. Now as I sit mere days away from my final year at ND I am feeling a little older and wiser but still childishly attached to sitting in the canteen drinking chocomilk and spending aimless hours on the green with friends i've now known for nearly 6years - in some cases nearly 12!

For now at least I shall indulge my naivety that my best friends will always be waiting for me at the gates at 3.30, or pottering through tombland in thier navy blue blazers. My biggest worry will be a particularly tricky exam or a pressing deadline, and I will always belong to that little corner of the city with it's mismatched buildings, expansive tarmac basketball courts and beautifully kept greens that contains the little world I have grown up in. And yes, I shall remain proud of my disgusting green and rust jumper with the matching tie that still hangs ready on my mirror. I do not think I shall ever unpin my little prefect badge from it.

And just above, on my wall, a picture of us all on one of my favourite days. How we all once were. In the sun, on the green together, happy just to be.

I will miss all of this, in just one more year.

No comments: