Tuesday 15 December 2009

Oh Norwich, how I love you.

I never want to leave Norwich - call me what you will but why leave when I love this lovely place?

Sitting in my little box on saturdays I can give the customers directions to just about anywhere, I am a tiny map of Norwich. And meeting all of my NYFC friends in the centre, we could hardly find a space on the streets where we couldn't hear music. Wether it be the slightly unnerving puppet man, or the wonderful middle eastern muic from outside the market - Norwich was alive with the sound of buskers like us. We were even interrupted by a medievel procession with recorders and drums, although they did stop for a little to watch us.

I know which deli does the best sandwiches, and which make thier soup fresh in the morning. I can tell you where to get the best latté in Norwich, and where's the best place to drink it. I can tell you where you can get a cup of spiced apple and raspberry juice before wandering through the cobbled twisty streets and watching the sun go down behind the cathedral whilst hurried people pass, wrapped in coats and scarves, rubbing thier hands together.

My friends are there, my job, my school, George.
Sure, it's nice to go somewhere new, but if you're happy just where you are - there's just no sense in not making it the place you always come back to.

No comments: