Friday 14 August 2009

Watching stars without you.

It was this time last week that I was strolling along the beach with George, we'd spent all week camping just behind the sand dunes. Having BBQs, making dreamcatchers and campfires. Hiding in our tent when it rained, playing cards. Lying on the beach or swimming in the sea when the sun was out. I even got a very faint tan.

I so wish I was back there - George is so far away! (fittingly, Des'ree is playing, thats where I got the title from today, and it's just passed the bit where it goes "where are you now?") He's all the way in Florida having a smashing time in the American sunshine. I am in the English afernoon dullness, knitting wintery pre-emptive cardigans and wooly socks.

Results in a week minus a day. I'm not being silly and telling everyone i'm SO EXCITED cos i'm not, or ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED cos i'm not. I'm curious, maybe a little aprehensive (not nervous, that's different.) But whatever I get, life will go on. I'll still be at Notre Dame for Y13, i'm not that dippy. I might even hang on and wait for George to come back so we can open them together - unless I just can't control myself and open them anyway. I hope my friends do as well as they hoped they have, and that all the cocky bastards who didn't do any revision do worse than they could have. That'll learn them :).

Do I go to that party tonight? Hmmmm. Nehhhhh. We'll see.

Ooo, before I go. Happy Birthday Viki. Welcome to being 17 :)

No comments: